“2 GRAND A DAY IN MAY”
Connoisseur Media’s Spring 2013 National Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
FOR WRTS, WWHX, KIBB, WPST, WODE, WSBG, WKJY
hereinafter referred to as the “Station(s)”
Promotion Dates. The Stations, all owned and/or operated by Connoisseur Media, LLC (CONNCOS), and Nassau Broadcasting I, LLC (“NBI”) are running a multi-station promotional contest weekdays from Wednesday May 1, 2013 through Friday May 31, 2013 between the hours of 7:00AM CST/8:00AM EST and 6PM CST/7:00PM EST with the exception of Memorial Day, May 27. (the “Promotion Dates”).
Entry / How To Win / Eligibility
Listen during the Promotion Dates for the cue to call which will be a specific sound effects sounder designated by each radio station. When it plays weekdays between 7:00AM CST/8:00AM EST and 6PM CST/7:00PM EST the 100th nationwide caller at 1-866-554-4-WIN, (1-866-554-4946) will win one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) payable by check upon verification of eligibility. Partial snippets of the sound effects sounder included in the context of promos do not constitute “plays” or a “cue to call” and are for illustrative purposes only so that the audience knows what to listen for. The cue to call will occur twice each weekday during the promotion dates with the exception of Memorial Day. In the event that the 100th caller is disconnected, the next caller to make it through will be the prize winner. Listeners will be competing with listeners from 6 other radio stations from 6 markets around the country who will also receive a “cue to call” at the same time and will be calling the same number. Two (2) $1,000 prizes will be awarded each weekday during the Promotion Dates throughout all markets. Stations will announce specific one hour windows that future cues to call will be played. At the time of their call, each designated caller will be required to provide all information requested, including their first and last name, complete address including zip code, daytime and evening telephone numbers, and their date of birth to be eligible to win. In the event of a tie, duplicate claims, or multiple persons claiming to be the correct caller, a final and binding decision will be made by CONNCOS, which reserves the right to hold a random drawing in such event to determine the winner. Given the high call volume following a “cue to call”, some callers may hear a busy tone, “all circuits busy” message or other random phone company messages.
b. The phone number to call when the signal is played on each station is 1-866-554-4-WIN (1-866-554-4946). All calls to any other Station phone number(s) will not be accepted.
Contestants listening to the Station via the internet stream are advised that there is a delay between the time the cues to call are made on the air and when they are heard over the internet and therefore will be at a disadvantage over those contestants listening over the air. Listeners to the online stream may not be able to timely participate in any station-conducted on-air contests. Due to this delay in the Station’s streaming broadcast, listeners to the online stream are encouraged to listen to the Station live on-air.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries. Individuals may qualify more than once.
- Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents. All employees, agents, successors, interns and assignees of Connoisseur Media, LLC, Nassau Broadcasting I, LLC, sponsors of this contest, employees of competing radio stations and members of their immediate families or households are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation or other family extension and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents.
- No “duos”, groups or teams will be allowed to enter together. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding the Contest and/or the prize(s) will be determined by CONNCOS, whose decision(s) is final.
- Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function may not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. CONNCOS and NBI disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond CONNCOS and NBI’s control, or otherwise. CONNCOS and NBI disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission or other delivery method. CONNCOS and NBI are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this contest. CONNCOS and NBI stations are not responsible for broken telephone connections, busy signals, mis-dials or lost phone calls.
Prizes / Acceptance and Delivery of Prize
- Forty-four (44) $1,000 cash prizes will be awarded. Each $1,000 cash prize will be awarded as a check issued to the prize winner upon confirmation of eligibility. It is anticipated that qualifiers should have possession of their prize within two weeks of winning, however, CONNCOS / NBI makes no guaranty as to the actual delivery date.
- All prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. All prize(s) are non-transferable. Inability to accept or deliver prize(s) will result in forfeiture. CONNCOS /NBI retains the right to substitute prize(s) with other prize(s) of equal or greater value in the event the original prize(s) offered is not available for reasons beyond the reasonable control of CONNCOS / NBI. Any valuation of the prize(s) awarded is based on available information provided to CONNCOS / NBI, and the value of any prize(s) will be determined by CONNCOS / NBI, in its sole discretion.
- All Contest(s)/Prize(s) are subject to Federal, State and local regulations and laws and are void where restricted or prohibited by law. Promotion is governed by U.S. law and is void outside the United States.
- Conditions of Winning
Each winner must provide Station with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Failure to timely provide such information and/or any other reasonably required documentation including, without limitation, a release and affidavit of eligibility, may result in a delay in receiving prize(s) or the forfeiture thereof. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Stations will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Stations will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet eligibility requirements.
- Any person winning in excess of Six Hundred Dollars and 00/100 ($600.00) or receiving anything with a value of Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00) or more, as determined by CONNCOS / NBI in its sole discretion, will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of the 1099 will be filed with the IRS, and each winner shall be solely responsible for paying any and all applicable Federal, State, local or other taxes. This includes prizes, if applicable, for travel, lodging, entertainment, special events, automobiles, or any other thing of value.
- By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant CONNCOS / NBI the permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the promotion (via print, broadcast or other forms of media) of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, compensation or remuneration for such use. By calling the contest lines, voices and names may be recorded and used for promotional or broadcast purposes.
- Contest winners, agree on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, to fully and forever remises, releases and discharges CONNCOS, NBI and each and all of its subsidiary and affiliated corporations, companies and divisions, its predecessors, successors and assigns, and its respective directors, stockholders, officers, employees and agents, of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities of whatsoever kind or nature in law, equity or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether or not concealed or hidden which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and/or assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to this contest, and agrees to deliver an executed release form at the time of delivery of any prize(s).
- All participants and winners, agree and do hereby indemnify and hold forever harmless CONNCOS, NBI and their agencies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize(s).
- No Warranties Provided
- CONNCOS and NBI do not warrant any of the products, materials or services that a winner receives. The materials, services or products that a winner receives are provided “as is.” There may be warranties provided by the manufacturer of the product, material or service, for which CONNCOS and NBI have no responsibility or duty to perform.
- CONNCOS / NBI reserves the right to change contest rules and/or dates at any time without additional notice.
- CONNCOS / NBI reserves the right to add or subtract additional station or stations to this contest at any time.
- CONNCOS / NBI is considered the “Judge.” Judge’s decisions are final.
- CONNCOS / NBI reserves the right to end and/or modify the contest at any time without additional notice or further compensation required.