WKJY OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
KJOY Wedding of a Lifetime
As of 2/15/13
- ELIGIBILITY. No purchase is necessary to enter, and all contests on WKJY-FM are open to all persons age 18 and over, unless otherwise specified in contest-specific rules. Employees and families of Connoisseur Media, its affiliates, other radio stations, record companies, and participating sponsors and their affiliates are not eligible.
- GENERAL PRIZE INFORMATION. One winner per household per thirty (30) days. Winners of prizes valued at more than six hundred dollars ($600) must wait a total of six (6) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from WKJY-FM. Qualifiers must reside or be employed within the geographic listening area of WKJY-FM. Prize winners must present valid identification and proof of age to claim prize. Winner is subject to state, local, and federal taxes where applicable. If for any reason the winner is unable to utilize the prize on the dates given, subsequent draws will be made until a qualified winner is drawn. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitute prizes will be awarded under any circumstances. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. Prizes may be claimed at least twenty-four (24) hours after winning, and within thirty (30) days, at 234 Airport Plaza Boulevard, Suite 5, Farmingdale, NY 11735. Pick-up hours are Business Days, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. In the event of any disagreement regarding contestants, winners or qualification of winners, or adequacy or value of the prize, the decision of Connoisseur Media shall remain final. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must sign hold harmless and indemnity agreement, agreeing to hold WKJY-FM, its licensee, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest. Void where prohibited.
- RELEASE. By entering a contest on WKJY-FM, each participant in the contest, including all winners, acknowledge that WKJY-FM and Connoisseur Media will have the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his or her name, likeness, and all matters incidental thereto without compensation. Anytime the on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to WKJY to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast
- CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES. All rules specific to individual contests are created by WKJY-FM Management, and its legal council if necessary. Decision of Connoisseur Media management with regard to rules, specifications, qualifiers, winners, and prizes, is final.
How to play:
- Contestants log on to www.KJOY.com, beginning 2/18/13 through 3/22/13 and follow the links to the "KJOY Wedding of a Lifetime" page with all details and entry form.
- Contestants must complete the entire entry form, and provide any electronic images and/or information requested to enter to win
- Twelve (12) couples will be selected as finalists and notified and posted at KJOY.com on or about 3/25/13.
- Listeners will be invited to vote from 3/26/13 through 4/23/13. The voting will exist within 2 stages:
- The initial 11 qualifiers will be voted on from 3/26/13 through 4/15/13.
- The original 11 qualifiers will be narrowed down to the top 3, and voted on from 4/16/13 through 4/23/13.
- Winner will be announced on or around 4/24/13.
- One finalist will be deemed the grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner will be determined by audience voting at www.KJOY.com. The finalist who receives the most votes will be named at the Grand Prize winner.
- Wedding for 125 guests at Sea Cliff Manor (Valued at $12,225)
- Price per guest is $95.00 USD
- Includes ceremony site at venue
- Dates and room reservations are subject to availability, blackout dates may apply.
- Honeymoon vacation to 5-Star Palace Resorts in Mexico (valued at $6500)
- Includes: 6 nights/7 days at 5-Star palace in Mexico, all inclusive resort, roundtrip airfare, ground transfers from airport to resort
- Restrictions may apply.
- Hair and make up for the Bride (valued at $720)
- Includes hair do for the Bride (trial hair and day of hair), hair do for 2 bridesmaids (day of only), make up for the bride (trial and day of). Make up does include lashes.
- Wedding Cakes from A Taste of Home Bakery (valued at $1500)
- Includes any assortment of cakes, groom cakes, favor cakes, etc to maximum value of $1500.00 USD.
- Bridal Gown from the Bridal Suite of Bay Shore (valued at up to $1200)
- Includes: gown with maximum value of $1200 and 3 fittings. May not include alteration fees.
- Photography from the Commack Wedding Center (valued at: $1500)
- Includes: all day coverage (approx 10 hours), unlimited pictures, all proofs and 10x10 digital bride and groom album with 50 images
- Invitations from the Commack Wedding Center *Valued at $200)
- Bride and Groom have their choice of invitations and quantity to maximum value of $200.
- Flowers from Stefan's Florist (valued at $2000)
- Flower décor includes: 10-15 reception centerpieces (pending timing and market pricing), bridal bouquet, flowers for 2 bridesmaids, groom boutonniere, boutonnieres for 2 groomsmen, and floral display for ceremony
- Visa Gift Card for the winning couple courtesy of Four Seasons Sunrooms, Kitchens and Bath (valued at $250)
- Tuxedos from Gino's Galleria Tuxedos (valued at $750).
- Includes tuxedo rentals for groom and 4 groomsmen
- Matching Art Carved wedding bands fro Gennaro Jewelers (valued at $1350)
- 14k white gold matching ladies and gents "Art carved" wedding bands
- Teeth Whitening packages from Smiles on Broadway (Valued at $1200)
- Limousine Services from Camelot Specialty Limos (valued at $2500)
- Includes: One (1) white stretch limo for ten (10) passengers, One (1) antique rolls Royce for two (2) passengers, champagne toast outside the Antique Rolls Royce for Bride and Groom, Limos equipped with champagne and beverages, return trip after ceremony, complimentary trip to the airport for the honeymoon, white runner for the bride at ceremony.
- Does not include driver gratuity.
- Beauty Package from Dr Stephen t Greenberg (valued at $556.95)
- Includes: Cosmetic Surgeon in a Jar System, A Little Nip, A Little Tuck (book) beauty bible, The Microdermabrasion System
- Note: Gratuity and sales taxes are not included with any prize element and is solely the responsibility of the prize winner.
- Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the full value of the prizes to be claimed as income for the 2013 tax year.
- In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WKJY's delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WKJY awarding the prize to the winner. WKJY shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WKJY shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto
- These are the official contest rules of WKJY-FM. These rules may be subject to change without notice if necessary to comply with the Telecommunications Act of 1996, rules and regulations of the FCC, or any applicable law.
For a free copy of these rules, or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
234 Airport Plaza Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735